Tuesday

Success Story

I'm still glowing a bit from yesterday, it did go a lot better than I thought. I want to gloat but the reality of the situation is that I entertained some pensioners for an afternoon in a church hall not the Albert Hall. I know that several times I stuttered and had to repeat my self - not at all professional. But for me psychologically I was performing. What I noticed was the encouragement I got from applause. It was amazing to get applause. I've read things in Church before and when you finish there is never any acknowledgement. I realise that applause would be inappropriate in most services but the difference between the two situations was very apparent. It was a peculiar situation because these people had no need to be polite about their feelings. I will definitely look for another venue to read at and may even try to use it to raise funds for a charity. Probably the best thing for me was that for once I was able to get my poems out and actually share them rather than just letting them sit quietly on a shelf gathering dust.

Peace Dave.

No comments: