Tuesday

Poetry Day.

This is the one ! Today is poetry day. It's a bit sad really but I look forward to meeting up at the library with the poetry group. Today I was in charge, so's to speak, but really just guiding discussions a bit. That's it really for me, discussion. I love to read out my own poetry to the group but it's the discussion with others about poetry and all manner of related subjects (you wouldn't believe what topics we cover. This for me breathes life into my interest which all the rest of the time is a fairly solitary one to be honest.
The group today was as it usually is small, lively and well away form the boring image that many would easy expect. We shared and discussed poems from the poetry international 2006 initiative and that lead to general trouncing of publication method which was aimed at young trendy people. We have our issues and the fact that the librarian that has lead the group is leaving makes life more complex (or interesting) , but that aside we all feel that the group is as necessary as oxygen and must continue.
Apologies for the brevity of this message but my wife is serving tea even as I speak and the other thing that I need nearly as much as oxygen is my wife's lovely cooking.

Peace Dave.

No comments: