Saturday

Ayok Letter

Part of my involvement with the Church of England is to be an officer on a diocesan committee. I am an officer with the Salisbury Diocese Sudan - Link Committee. It may sound like a posh title but really it's just a name for a person in a group of people to get things done. The diocese of Salisbury has had a link of fellowship with the province of Sudan for over thirty years. It's a pleasure to interact with and support Christians who are so active and trusting in their faith.
An example are Joseph and Karin Ayok who were CMS missionaries and also have worked in the Diocese of Salisbury. There are many needs in Sudan, please visit any Sudan orientated blog or news site and you will see. Education is probably the highest priority next to peace and food. Along with many other people Joseph and Karin are trying to bring education to South Sudan where currently there is none. This is no small task and I admire them for doing this.
I recently received a news letter from them out of the blue which jolted my memory. In case you are interested I have added a link to their website and the Dioceses website to my links. Joseph and Karin's organisation is called Under Tree Schools. Please take a moment to check both out and if you have a spare moment pray for Joseph, Karin and the people of Sudan generally.

Peace Dave

No comments: