Saturday

Honeypot

In a recent post I mentioned having to read at a day care centre. The centre is called the Honeypot and on a Monday it provides a good lunch for the elderly and infirm. Lunch is at midday and there is entertainment all afternoon (with tea and cakes) until four. On November 27th the entertainment will be me.
It's a bit spooky as I was a volunteer for this organisation once, managing their transport needs in my spare time. Some of the people there will be old friends and others will be total strangers. It's not my first time, that really was scary, but I still feel some concern. The thing is I want this to go well. I want the people there to enjoy themselves and I want them to enjoy themselves with my poetry. Catch is they might not.
What this means to me is that I must spend time choosing and preparing, getting ready so that I can feel relaxed about what I am doing. All too easily things can go wrong and you end up like the stripper that trips up over her own nickers. I'm not a natural performer and the last thing I want of all is to get flustered and choke. If you have tips to share I would appreciate them, let me know.

Peace Dave.

No comments: