Wednesday

Past Blast

I have to do a show for a day care centre soon, more on that later. So I have been looking at my poems to pick out some that are suitable. The old folks that come to the centre, despite their age and ailments want to be entertained and have a laugh, so I've been looking out more humorous and interactive poems. In doing this I came across a poem that I wrote when I was thirteen about digging a garden. Thirteen is a long time ago and it was spooky to see how I wrote then. I'm not pretending that the poem was a masterpiece as it wasn't, but it' didn't take much editing for me to feel ok about reading it out. Going over this piece evoked all sorts of strange feelings and memories. Thirteen is a long way back and predates most of the stuff that is in my life at the moment. At that time I had no agenda and no message in my work I just wrote.
Hopefully my editing has done some good to this piece and I can use it to provide a good afternoon for some people that could do with a laugh. If I can do that then my poetry is worth something. As regards old poems, keep them, look at them and edit them when you are ready because after all they are your creation. As regards new poems, just write them and let them be come old poems.

Peace Dave.

No comments: