Tuesday

LuLu Anticipation.

A few months ago I found a website called Lulu.com . Lulu provides an online publishing service for all kinds of writers that would otherwise be ignored and overlooked. Their publishing is by demand only so there are no set up costs. They are very helpful with simple instructions and plenty of tutorials. It's a bit like EBay for writers. The bottom line is that it's all down to you. If you decide to publish badly written rubbish and not advertise it well it won't sell and no one will make anything out of it. If on the other hand you put some effort and thinking into your project and support it well it may well sell and that's good for everyone.
For me the exiting part is that my poetry will be in print properly not through some vanity press or compilation that I can buy at a pound discount. I'm never going to be a professional poet, I accept that but that does not mean that poems aren't good enough to be in print. At the end of the day it's the customer that will decide and that's how lulu works. It's worthwhile having a mooch on the Lulu site even if you never want to be in print. Before going for general release I have to read an approval copy of my work which should arrive soon. If that's OK then the book will be made available through Lulu's website and there will be an advert on my blog, believe it.
I told my friend Pat about this and her reaction was "ooh that's exiting, I have a copy please".
Wow, I thought, I already sold a copy!

No comments: