Thursday

Strange Day

Today or rather tonight I will be working nights. So today all the usual rules of living will be suspended as I prepare for working from 6pm to 6am. For instance I have deliberately laid in bed very late to compensate for not sleeping. I have deliberately avoided strenuous tasks to save my energies. I've tidied and organised and picked up small tasks that I usually leave until later. The result is that the day takes on a strange feeling of listlessness and lack of purpose. There seems to be a vacuum of action in my usually busy life. It's at times like this I feel inclined to write or pick up a part finished poem and complete it.
I get this feeling when waiting for things like a dentist appointment or a MOT test on the car. Not every occasion brings a poem just the feeling that one could come. Does any one else get this? When do you feel most like writing. When do you get most done ? This harks back to a post several days ago about regimentation and creativity. Do you get most out of doing things regularly. I have started using Common Prayer at work. This is an authorised worship patten from the Diocese of Salisbury. The snag is that my job changes from day shifts to night shifts and also has no structure itself. I mend thing that fail in a production environment and this is unpredictable in nature. So there are no structured meal or tea breaks. You stop when nothing has broken down. All of this has become highlighted even more now that I want to do something regularly. Do you follow a regular pattern of worship other than Sundays and how do you cope with organised chaos?

Peace Dave.

No comments: