Sunday

Thomas Tonight

It's Sunday and it's one of the ones that I have to work. I usually worship at the 10 am service but being at work means that I can't. I cannot go off site to go to Church. No matter, there is a very good evening service at a church called St Thomas and so after work I go there. The style of worship there is very cheerful and loaded with praise. For a person having just completed twelve hours work it's just the thing to fire me up again. The people there are most friendly as is the priest, who tonight was wearing a green shirt.
This is all supplementary as tonight I met another poet, a Christian poet. As I entered the Church the man in front of me was welcomed and introduced himself an artist. He then started to talk about his writing and how he'd had poems published in a magazine. Tonight was his first time at St Thomas. He was looking for a new Church and had come to try St Thomas out. A bit stunned I introduced myself and we quickly got chatting. The gent, no names sorry, also has a community radio program and is a part time volunteer worker for a charity.
This was a real shocker for me and quite the last thing I had expected. God however does continue to do the most unexpected things. We have swapped contact details and will definitely be in touch to exchange poems. My new friend had a very good time in the service and will definitely be back. Result all round. It amazes that these things happen; perhaps I shouldn't be such a doubting Thomas.

Peace Dave.

No comments: