Thursday

Sixth Stanza

I have a nagging doubt about my poem for the leaving parish priest. Things are going well and the polishing process is starting to bring the shine I want. But I feel that an element is missing. I want the poem to reflect real life and in particular his life here.
Last night I was delivering some of my poetry books that had been ordered by people that can't go online. Please follow this link to see my book - great Christmas present! Inevitably I stop for a chat and on one occasion I heard the story of a lady who has a very sick mum that she cares for. Recently her father, who was also very sick died in hospital. Our priest rushed to the hospital to try and be there when he died. Sadly neither him or his family arrived in time. As I heard this story I realised that there was no element of my poem that reflected this portion of the ministry of our priest. This was a part of his life that he seldom shared but always provided. The more I thought about it the more I think I need to include something that picks up this facet of his services. I think that I will have to add another stanza as I do not want to remove any of the content.
I'm annoyed that I appear to have missed out an area of his work but also glad that I have had this pointed out, it will make the poem more real for him and give it more meaning, which was always the goal. So thinking caps on for another stanza.

Peace Dave

No comments: