Tuesday

Spin Off

I some times find that in writing one poem another pops up without warning. I usually scribble a few notes about it and file it in a folder of ideas. This time it happened and a nearly complete poem slipped out. It's very simple and almost ditty like in quality but that in it self can be endearing. I fiddled with it for twenty minutes today and here it is. I have no title for it yet but I may just call it Lead Me. If you can think of a better title comment on the blog below and let me know.

Lead me in the simple way,
That trails behind your tread.
Hold my hand and guide me,
Through the darkness laid ahead.

On steep narrow rocky paths,
Teach me courage to carry on.
Show me how to balance Lord,
What is right and what is wrong.

Through the noise and smoke of life,
Guide me please along the way.
Through all the uncertainties of night,
To the bright dawning light of day.

When at last we reach the place,
Where spirits shine like chrome.
Hug me like your long lost child
And I'll know that I've come home.

Peace Dave

No comments: