Tuesday

Poetry Group

Slightly worried today. This is the first meeting of the local poetry group since the departure of the librarian leading it. I am essentially landed with running it or letting it fail. I don't really feel I can do either and certainly don't want to do both. To be fair the library staff who have been thinned out recently have been very supportive and friendly. But they will not run the group. So today, like it or lump it I am in charge. I have prepared a few things and have a few leaflets to hand out but will largely be winging it as I have had almost zero time to prepare. My chief worry is that the time needed to lead the group will eat into the precious time that I have for creating poetry. No matter how good or bad my poetry is I still want to create it and want the time to do that in. So my position is this, I am a stand in until a proper leader can be found with time to run things properly.
Being new year we will, I hope be looking at beginnings and thinking about how to make fresh starts, resolutions e.t.c. But to be honest I will not kerb a free flowing discussion and would rather have a mystery tour that's fun than a set journey that no one wants. Any advice on running poetry groups would be welcomed.

Peace Dave

No comments: