Friday

Day Out

Today is the last day of my wife's Christmas break and also my day off. So we abandoned life and went out. We went to the historic city of Bath and enjoyed a day of mooching around the shops looking for bargains. Didn't find many but did enjoy the distraction. I'm not a shopping person and do so only rarely.
I received some invitations to enter a poetry competition for the poetry group which is good news. They obviously want interaction and so do we. The winner gets a collection made into a book which can't be bad.
Communication has also been had with my Welsh priest friend who is away with friends. Hopefully he will try his luck with the Manchester poetry competition.
The bottom line is that it has been really good to get out and forget my worries for a while in the company of the one I love most.

Peace Dave.

No comments: