Wednesday

Let Down

Things did not go well for the poetry group yesterday as no one turned up. The Librarians (the group meets in the local library) were very kind, as they always are but I still felt a lot less than comfortable. O.K. I tell myself there may well be a hundred reasons for their absence not least the fact it is so close to New Year. I have to admit That I felt a little let down.
The time was not lost though and I am not the kind of person that gives up easily. The library was quiet so I took the time to read, in peace, which is a rarity for me. That was good. I also found time to rite a small advert for the group and list all the meeting dates for the forthcoming year. I set a topic too so that anyone who wants to can produce a piece on the topic. As we are meeting a week before Valentines day I picked love. Essentially job done I accepted a cup of tea from the librarians and went home in a melancholy mood. Better luck next time.

Peace Dave.

No comments: