Thursday

Lenten Return

I haven't blogged for far too long and I was reminded of this fact by a friend that I encouraged to set up a blog. She, Amanda, e-mailed me to look at her blog and see what I thought. It was one of those sheepish moments when you realise that you haven't really practiced what you preached.
Amanda's blog is very good and is aimed at raising interest in South Sudan and the ongoing situation there. Amanda is Sudanese and so has an inside track on the politics and context of the politics of Sudan. Respect should also go to Kabung her cousin who set up the blog with Amanda. I have blog rolled the blog so please check it out.
Myself I rumble on much as I usually do. Today is Ash Wednesday and for Christians the world over this marks the beginning of Lent. Lent is usually seen as the time when you give things up and fasting is a part of Lent. But much more than that Lent is a time to reflect on ourselves as Christians and try to grow a little. It's a sort of spiritual spring clean.
Thanks to Amanda and a huge pang of guilt part of my Lent observance will be my blog and an abstinence from apathy. I'm back.

Peace Dave.

No comments: