Thursday

Proper Start

Lent can be a bit like New Year, you make promises to yourself - and sometimes to others. Plans always seem easy, it's when you begin to do the things you plan that reality kicks in. Change can be awkward to manage simply because it is change, you need to make room for it.
So today I have steeled myself and began as I intend to carry on. No great secret, just determination and effort. It may sound dramatic but it's the only alternative to the ever present easy options that surround me. No amount of groups or books will help me if I will not help myself first. Many of the people that Jesus met personally had suddenly realised that they had deep needs and had chosen to do something about it.
Every journey starts - if it ever starts - with a first footstep. Many people though never take the first step, finding change just too hard. The good news is that the next step is easier and with each passing step the journey gets shorter. So if you are sitting on the fence reading this hop off and walk along with me on my journey this Lent, I would relish the company.

Peace Dave.

No comments: